Stainless Steel is a material that has many advantages! It is very robust and resistant to water, corrosion, oxidation, rust, and humidity, it is also hypoallergenic which makes it wearable by all skin types, even the most sensitive and allergenic. You can find out more about all the characteristics of Stainless Steel here: Is stainless steel tough?
This is why Stainless Steel is widely used in the creation of Jewelry of all kinds, bracelets, rings, earrings, necklaces … All of its advantages make it possible to obtain Jewelry of exceptional quality, solid and affordable.
Paloma de Bahia offers you a wide selection of Stainless Steel Jewelry and to keep all the shine and quality of Stainless Steel, we will give you all our secrets to clean them properly.
Understand what Stainless Steel is to better maintain it
Stainless steel is also a metal that presents a singular characteristic. Indeed, the iron, chromium, and carbon alloy of Steel gives it the ability to regenerate its protective layer on its own in the event of external aggression. This ability gives it its strength and longevity. Steel Jewelry does not deteriorate, is very resistant, and is of high quality.
Stainless Steel Jewelry does not require the same care as Solid or Sterling Silver Jewelry, Costume Jewelry, and Yellow Gold or White Gold Jewelry. However, they are not insensitive to daily soiling, which is why it remains essential to take special care regularly to extend the quality and the lifespan of your Stainless Steel Jewelry.
What products should you use to clean your Stainless Steel Jewelry?
The easiest and most accessible cleaning that you can offer your Stainless Steel Jewelry is soap such as Marseille soap, black soap, or even dishwashing liquid. This maintenance technique is perfect for moderately soiled Steel Jewelry or daily maintenance.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Wash the Stainless Steel Jewel with the mild soap of your choice
- Rinse the Jewel thoroughly with water to remove all dirt and soap residue
- Wipe the Jewel with a soft, clean cloth until the Jewel is no longer wet
- Here it is, find all the beauty of your Jewel and say goodbye to a small dirt
Baking soda is your best ally in your daily life for all types of tasks in your home, the same is true for your Stainless Steel Jewelry. This natural cleaner will be perfect for a more in-depth cleaning because the small balls constituting the baking soda will allow you to reach all the corners of your Jewelry.
You just need to follow these steps:
- Mix a spoon of baking soda and a little water to make a paste. Baking soda reacts on contact with water and will form a light paste
- Gently rub the Jewel with this paste using a cloth, a brush, or a toothbrush for example
- Rinse the Jewel and all its corners properly so as not to leave any residue of the baking soda
- Dry the Jewel with a delicate and soft cloth until the product is completely dry
- Find a sparkling jewel of cleanliness!
The lemon and vinegar are great for cleaning the house and they can be used with Stainless Steel Jewelry. Several methods can be used with its products.
The first method is the fastest, you can follow these steps:
- Soak a microfiber cloth, a clean sponge, a clean cloth, dry cloth, or any type of cloth with lemon juice or a little white vinegar diluted with a little water
- Gently rub the Jewel with circular movements
- Rinse the Jewel with water and dry it with a soft cloth
- Restore shine and shine to the Jewel
- The second method is to follow its steps:
- Dip the Jewel in the lemon juice or the mixture of water and white vinegar previously put in a basin
- Leave to act for a few minutes
- Rinse thoroughly and finish cleaning with a clean cloth
- Avoid contact with your Stainless Steel jewelry with household alcohol such as bleach or detergent which will be too abrasive for your jewelry.
A clean cloth or chamois is a good tip to make your Steel Jewel shine if it starts to hold. This maintenance will allow him to help him rebuild his protective layer which prevents it from deteriorating and tarnishing daily.
This cleaning is very simple and you can do it very regularly by following these steps:
- Use a soft, clean, and dry cloth
- Polishing and buffing gently Jewelry with small circular movements
- Rediscover all the shine and radiance of the Jewel
- This cleaning will allow you to regain the shine of the Jewel but also to clean it from superficial impurities.
Other than Grandma’s remedies, jewelry cleaners that you can find in jewelry stores or at a jewelry wholesaler. These products represent a certain cost but guarantee efficiency for the maintenance of your Jewelry.
They are very effective against scratches which are more difficult to treat with Grandmother’s remedies, for which the toothpaste will have the best effect but not guarantee an optimal result.
To you, Stainless Steel Jewelry is clean, shiny, and radiant with beauty like the first day! Stainless Steel holds no secrets for you, so don’t resist and discover the pleasure of wearing Stainless Steel Jewelry for women and men. Timeless, the Stainless Steel Jewel is a Jewel that you can keep from generation to generation by simply maintaining them!